[Liverpool transfer update] Explosive attacker hints Liverpool move
Liverpool and Tottenham have gone head-to-head on transfers many times over the years, and new reports this week suggest that the Premier League rivals are preparing for another battle during the January transfer window.
According to the Daily Express:
* Liverpool and Spurs are both keen on signing ‘exciting’ Lille attacker Sofiane Boufal.
* Both clubs have ‘watched’ the 22-year old winger this season.
When asked in October about a move abroad, Boufal told France Football:
“I plan to go later in my career to a big European club that will play hopefully in the Champions League, in order to continue my progression”.
Some info about Boufal:
* Right winger, who can also play on the left, and as a number-10.
* This season: 4 goals in 12 apps (Goal/assist every 268 mins).
* Career total: 23 goals/assists in 80 apps (One every 231 mins)
* Lille recently slapped a €30m price tag on Boufal.
* Nicknamed ‘the new Hazard’ (just like every other promising Ligue One attacker).
* On his role models: “My biggest inspiration is Ronaldinho. For me, he is the best player of all time”.
* Lille lynchpin Florent Balmont’s assessment: “He has a good mentality [but] picks up too many yellow cards [5 in 9 games). He must follow the example of Eden Hazard, who took a lot of hits but got up right away. Boufal works defensively but can still do better.”
Perhaps I’m missing something, but why is Boufal supposedly worth €30m?
It’ll be a travesty if Liverpool end up with this guy and not a player like, say, Andriy Yarmolenko, who has averaged 20-25+ goals/assists every season for the last SIX years.